Cercaria larva of Fasciola Hepatica
1) Body of the cercaria is Flat and oval beaning a tail.
2 Body is covered by cuticles and the body wall consists of cuticles, muscles and mesenchyme.
3) It has two suckers, an anterior oval sucker surrounding the mouth and a ventral sucker situated in the middle of the body.
4) Digestive system comprises mouth, muscular pharynx, oesophagus and inverted “n” shaped intestine.
5) Excretory organs of the flame call type are present.
6) Bady space is filled with parenchyma and contains a few cystogenous glands on each side which form the cyst of the Future larva.
7) Rudimentary reproductive organs are also seen.
Miracidium Larva of Fasciola Hepatica
1) Miracidium larva comes out from the fertilized egg and leads a free life.
2) It is microscopic, dorsoventrally flattened, conical in shape, free-swimming larval stage.
3) The body is uniformly covered with cilia.
4) Anterior end is produced into a conical lobe, the apical papilla.
5) Internal structures: apical gland, cephalic or penetration glands, brain, two eye spots, two flame cells, rudimentary gut and germ cells are seen.
6) Miracidium larva swims in search of an intermediate host which is limnaea trancatula for about 4-30 hours.
7) If it does not come in contact with a suitable host, it dies.
8) After getting the suitable host, it is pierced into the tissues of the snail by apical papilla.
mirocidium larve of fassicola hepatics