COMMENTS OF AURELIA
Distribution:- Aurelia is found in coastal waters of all oceans of the world .
Habit and Habitat:- Aurelia is a solitary, marine, jelly-fish.
- Aurelia is the commonest jelly-fish.
- The mouth has four corners situated on the short manubrium .
- The medusa is bowl or saucer-shaped having tetramerous radial symmetry, measuring about 7.5-10 cm in diameter.
- Moth leads into a short gullet which opens into the stomach.
- It is unisexual.
- The gametes are discharged into the stomach and passed out through the mouth.
Economic Importance Aurelia
- Used as a food in orient.
- It can produce an uncomfortable burning sensation, painful and even dangerous strings.