These syllabus are the updated syllabus and taken from the tribhuwan university Nepal. The syllabus maynot be same to other universities.
Tribhuvan University Institute of Science & Technology
Four Year B. Sc. (Scientific Communication) Curriculum
Course Title : Scientific Communication
Course No.: SC 101
Nature of the Course: Theory
Year: I year
Full Marks: 50
Pass Marks: 20
- At the end of the course the students must
- understand and be able to apply the kind of vocabulary that is prevalent in the field of science and technology.
- understand the structure of oral presentation and be able to prepare one successfully.
- understand the structure of various types of written texts.
- be able to write an academic and/or technical essay or scientific report in English language to communicate or present the summary to a specific audience and readership.
Unit I: Selected readings from the text "Learning English"
2. Information Technology
3. Health and Medicine
Unit II: Selected theme and essays from the text "Improve Your Writing"
1. The Sentence
2. The Effect of Scientific Temperament on Man - Bertrand Russell (Part of the section "The World of Science and Technology")
3. The Paragraph
4. Gods in the Godless Universe - Bertrand Russell
5. Pollution and Superpollution - Gordon Rattray
6. Science and Survival - Barry Commoner (Part of the section "The Impact of Science and Technology")
7. The Composition
8. Man and Nature - J. Bronowoski
9. Man and His Environment - Robert Arvill
10. The Cost of Solar Heat - H.A. Bethe (Part of the section "Man and Nature")
Unit III: Writing (Ref.: Technical Communication)
1. Writing Scientific Articles for Science Magazines and Daily Newspapers
2. Developing a Scientific Proposal
3. Writing (essential components of) Research Papers for Journals
4. Report Writing
5. Oral (e.g. PowerPoint) Presentation in a Group
6. Citation of References